Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dear Readers......


That's me over there. My name is Miss Patti Darling and I will be your humble Blogger.
I have never had a public forum for my thoughts before.....probably because I never really thought anyone would care to read about my life. I really only just got into reading and following Blogs this past year at the urging of my Boyfriend, Derek. Needless to say I am totally hooked. I love reading about the fun things other people are doing, what they are wearing, buying, doing to their homes....I'm such a voyeur.
I follow mostly vintage/pin up/ mid century/spooky and doll themed blogs. Those are the things I love, the things I surround myself with and the things that I will be writing about here.

And who am I? I am a 28 year old on again off again make-up artist, specializing in SFX. I live on Long Island, but I have lived in Queens,The Bronx,Indiana,England,Las Vegas and Brooklyn. I recently lost my craptacular job at a salon and have since decided to move in with the Boyfriend.

I collect vintage clothing and housewares, mostly from the 50's and 60's. I also collect spooky things, dolls, anything Snow White related and some other random stuff. I'm also a Disney freak as you will learn.

Currently the BF and I are trying to buy our first home. It is the scariest thing I have ever done....ever. If you have been through this before then you know what I mean, if not then you will someday.

Well that's about it for now. I'm sure you will get to know me much better very soon, until then.......

4 comments:

  1. Where are you going to SFX school? I have been looking for a goodone on the East Coast for a long time. I wanted to go to the Savini School but after meeting him I wouldn't want to spend 16 months with him.

    Where's the house you're buying? Is it in Long Island too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to MUD (make up designory). I loved it. I really wanted to go to the Savini school too but didn't want to spend 16 months in PA,lol.

    The house is in Huntington where my BF is from....Hopefully we end up getting it so I can post some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are about a close on a house at the end of this month too. It hasnt been so scary because I think we found a really good realtor that has explained everything along the way. The scary part is committing so much money to something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! Thanks for following mine. It seems that we have a lot in common. My boyfriend and I are buying our first home now too, and its soooooo scary! I feel your pain. My only advice is......dont spend a penny on furniture. Not a single penny! Because, things start adding up really fast, and you will need every penny you can get your hands on. We were buying furniture too, then we found "the house", and the closing costs went from $0 (all paid by seller), to $1,000, then to $3,000, then to $6,000 and now they are at $9,000 (plus the down payment). What I learned is that I wish I didnt spend my money on a couch and table, because now we wont have a house to put it in if I cant come up with $15,000 in 3 weeks. Ehhhh. It seems like your parents would help you in this situation, but ours cant. So, thats my advice! Dont buy anything yet. Just dont look. Period.

    ha ha
    XOXO
    Dollie

    ReplyDelete