Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flea Market Floozy



Every Sunday the boyfriend and I head over to the local flea market for a few hours to see what we can find. I pretty much always come home with something, although the degree of awesome-ness varies from time to time.

It's been disgustingly hot and humid here lately, so we took a break from going for a couple of weeks. This Sunday was our first day back.

This is what I came home with:
A vintage luggage set in pristine never used condition. No, it's not Samsonite =( It's a knock off brand that's a bit lighter in weight. I love it though and it's bright color, it will be perfect for our trip to Florida in October.
I also got 3 shot glasses from the same seller. I just had to have the glasses for their kitsch factor seeing as 2 of them are covered with stereotypical images of "natives". They match a set of frosted Federal tumblers I stole from my Grandmother. I wish the seller had the full set. Th third glass has screeching black cats on it, so that was another must due to my love of all things spooky.

A close up of the glasses:
I also remembered to have Derek take a picture of my outfit that day:

This is another example of how I don't wear vintage on a daily basis,lol.

Details:
Shirt: Target
Tank top: Mandees
Pants: Unknown
Bag: Tokidoki
Glasses: Betsey Johnson
Sneakers: KISS by Vans
Necklace: The Sex Pistols Shop, UK. It's actually a copy of the gun necklace that Sid's GF Nancy Spungen used to wear all the time.

In totally un-related news.....we have been working with a new real estate agent for a few weeks. So far she's worlds better then the old agent we had. We are going to look at a few houses today, so I will keep you all posted.

7 comments:

  1. Goodluck on the house hunt! Can't wait til we have some money saved up so we can get out of our apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if it's not vintage, it's still totally cute and I love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the luggage. Can you devulge which flea market do you guys go to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good agent makes a world of difference. We dealt with a crappy one who tried to push houses on us that we clearly said we werent interested in. Hope it works out better this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that luggage! Is it orange, or is it just my monitor? Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally a deep orange red color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We go to a few different ones in NY and LI....Stormville, Valley Stream, Bellmore, Buckville......

    ReplyDelete